#FactAboutMe I do not eat eggs. Among many other things. I am not a picky eater, I just do not fancy eggs. If I discuss the main reasons for not eating them on this blog, I think I might offend some people. So I would just keep it moving with the post. Tehehe
Among my friends, it is common knowledge that I can cook. Even though I might not make something often if i am given a recipe I can possibly make it. So almost weekly I get asked to make almost everything you can think of. The bestie asked me this week to make him some scotch eggs. I immediately said "I don't eat eggs so I cant do it" to which he replied "who told you to eat it? I just want scotch eggs joor" Anyways he had to beg and beg and beg and I called him "beggy beggy" after which I looked up the recipe. Turns out it is actually not that difficult to make. So I set out to make something I would not eat. Here is the process.
Boil the eggs...
This is all you need basically..
cover the eggs in the sausage meat...
roll in bread crumbs
DEEP FRY OR BAKE
I think it turned out really well. This is what it is supposed to look like right? My roommate from St Vincent ate it and she loved it so much. So I guess it tasted good. lol
p.s After i finished typing this post, I actually went and tasted what was left!!! I ate eggs for the first time in like 10yrs!!!!! i ate chicken abortion!!! #DEAD! Ohh in case you are wondering it tasted good! YAY!!!
p.s.Bestie I need a better reward than twitter shoutouts..KMT! #JustSayin
p.s.s I used the recipe from avartsycooking and tweaked it..thanx mama
7 eggs 1 extra egg to glaze
1 roll Sausage
1 cup bread crumbs
1 tsp Goya Adobo seasoning
1 tsp garlic/curry powder
1 tbsp flour
1. Boil eggs over medium heat for 10 minutes. Remove and put eggs into cold water. Set aside.
2. Remove sausage and add adobo curry, garlic powder. Work into sausage with hands
3. Break last egg, whisk.
4. set aside bread crumbs
5. Prepare pot to deep fry or Prepare a baking pan with foil.
6. Drain water and peel eggs. Roll each egg in flour.
7. Scoop 1.5 tbsps sausage mixture into your palms (dampen palms). Make a well in the center. Put egg in center and work sausage around till covered. Roll covered egg in beaten/whisked egg.
8. then roll in bread crumbs
Sara Jenkins' Prosciutto di Parma
4 hours ago